By: Adam Smith
What is an arrest warrant search and how do they work?
A warrant is issued by a judge from the state that will allow the arrest of the person the warrant is issued for. With that said, it also gives authorities the right to search that person’s property.
What kind of arrest warrants can be issued?
• Arrest warrants: A crime that shows enough evidence that the state issues the warrant for the arrest of that individual.
• Search warrants: A court order that allows authority to search a home or location for the evidence of crime.
• Execution warrants: Permit to implement the death of a person.
• Share warrants: Completely different than other warrants as these are issued by public limited companies. Remember private held companies cannot issue warrants.
• Bench warrants: Typically given because the individual does not show up to court. These typically are issued in criminal and civil court cases.
• Civil warrant: You see these types of warrants typically in small claims court over small issues.
What are some reasons an individual would want to run an arrest warrant search?
Checking on themselves:
It is not uncommon for someone to run a public record check on themselves. There could be outstanding warrants or other public data that he or she has forgotten about.
If you choose to run a report and do so online, you must know the individuals first and last name along with the last state or current state that individual resides in.
Multiple results will usually come back from your search and you should narrow those down to the best of your ability.
Getting back into the dating scene?
If you or someone you know is getting back into the dating scene it may be wise to run a public record search on the individual in question.
Running a quick arrest warrant search could be a great starting point into finding out about the new he or she in someone’s life.
Sports and coaches should be checked.
Do you have a new coach that is coaching your kids? if so, you should check them out to make sure when you leave your child or children behind with him or her they are with someone that has a clean record.
If you find out that you or someone close to you has an arrest warrant out for them, you should seek professional help with a lawyer to clean up the warrant in the quickest and safest way possible.
Always find proper professional help, it can be very complicated to try and correct a warrant on your own.
In conclusion, there can be many reasons to search someone’s background.
Remember it is always better to be safe than sorry. Do your homework and make yourself and family as safe as possible.